NorCalHiker
Congratulations on your MW Summit...threes a charm for sure for you. I smiled when I read you "savored" your time on the summit. When I summited my first time I didn't appreciate what I had accomplished...I was 28 years old and had been a backpacker and hiker for years and to me it was just another hike and summit...I should have savored my summit...nowadays I savor every summit as you did...it is a big accomplishment ... its a tough trek because of the altitude and you did it without depending on Diamox...I have always depended on Diamox...I admire hikers who take the time to acclimate and not depend on pills ...I wonder if you are like me in that you carry too much in your pack JUST IN CASE ....I am always carrying too much in my pack for all the JUST IN CASE situations that might arise and JUST IN CASE one of my friends forgot to bring something...I have carried a 50 lb pack with all those little JUST IN CASE (JIC) extras....those JIC Packs are a killer...I am glad you dropped your pack and made the summit...you and I both could learn a lesson from
Achikow's trip report ONION VALLEY...she carried a 30 lb pack over 50 miles...6days and 5 nights.

Lynnaroo