Quote:
It's possible that no employees have contracted hantavirus because they have received training about the illness and take more precautions because they are more aware of the risks than park visitors, Buttke said. Employees also don't stay in visitor facilities overnight, she said.

That's an incredibly interesting question -- why haven't any employees/house cleaners shown symptoms?? I don't for a moment believe they're more careful as a result of training! Though, as a side note, when I open a mouse infested ranger station at the beginning of a season, I'll open the door and let it air out; then go in with a clorox/water spray bottle and a HEPA mask; then wipe up all the mouse crap with a wet towel. But I suspect I'm alone, even among rangers, though we've all had Hanta training (tenuous at best).

It'll be interesting to see what the results are in terms of antibodies developed.

g.

None of the views expressed here in any way represent those of the unidentified agency that I work for or, often, reality. It's just me, fired up by coffee and powerful prose.