Just posted this on HST:

Hi all:

I'm not in any way involved in the search and only heard about it yesterday. I notice that the flyer and information from sequoia kings asks you to call if you saw him or have information. Just to be clear, if anyone was even in the area between the time he started the trip and now -- and I'd say anywhere between Bishop Pass, Taboose, Sawmill to Kearsarge to Cedar Grove, even the Monarch to Simpson -- then I'd call the park to give your exact route; what the conditions were; tracks noticed (or their absence) on the trail etc. Negative information (not seeing him or tracks) is almost as important as positive sightings.

Most of the forum people seem aware of this search, but it would be helpful to call friends and find out anyone in the greater search area. Also, a lot of people this time of year don't get permits so it's often everyone here who has a better idea of who's out there.

Thanks,

George

None of the views expressed here in any way represent those of the unidentified agency that I work for or, often, reality. It's just me, fired up by coffee and powerful prose.