Akichow, the argument continues ad nauseum. As Bryan said, this is about just doing what's right, right now. Between the wag bags left all over the drainage and the damage to the summit hut door that I saw, or even thinking back to how badly Trail Camp smelled when I passed through there last summer, this, to me, is a bigger issue of people just being, well, shitty.

SierraNevada, your concerns are (and have been, for a long time) noted, and I respect your attempts to communicate with the powers that be. I know your intentions are to make the WZ a more enjoyable place for all. But this is not the thread for it.

My intention here was to call attention to those who would simply take this sacred drainage for granted. Abuse it to death. Smear that entitled attitude all over the rocks, as it were. All I'm saying is that for all of us to derive joy and pleasure from whatever we do in the mountains, we all need to take responsibility for our actions. This isn't about existing policy, in that it is not an effort to change it.

Whitney, and her surroundings, hold a very dear place in my heart. I'm asking all who journey to her trails and routes and rocks and ice to treat her with the respect she deserves.

Grow up, or go home.

Facebook

Flickr Pics

Think outside the Zone.