Julius wrote:
> I'm a bit skeptical of the beer at the bottom, like Whitney fan said... "we want proof".

Well, if you want a picture, sorry, I didn't think to take it. frown But yes, the one you left in my cooler was ice cold. Unfortunately due to my experience earlier in the day, and the hours of driving ahead, it did not get opened. However, I can assert that it was consumed in an appropriate location: Crescent Meadow in Sequoia N.P. ...this past Sunday. Wagga will attest to the fact that I am lightweight when it comes to beer. smirk

BTW, Julius, I finally got your return box to FedEx.

John: My Panorama Loop started at the bottom of the 4-Mile. Certainly easier to do at the start of the day, with a rewarding snack or early lunch at the GP store. The other issue is the bus situation... Ride the bus from Happy Isles, switch buses at stop #2 (cross the street to stop #4), ride to stop #7. I think I would prefer starting from the valley floor. It would be a bit longer drive for you, though. It is a great hike -- I definitely recommend it. Here's a link to my writeup: Four Mile Trail -- Panorama Loop Hike