Sorry, Bee, I tried to warn it was an odd quote - a warning to others or perhaps a downer - but something Laura won't let happen.

Laura, your writing is so uplifting.
Let me try again with a more positive tone. I apologize if it seems like I am high-jacking your thread, but instead, my intention is to compliment your writing as being alongside the Masters:

We settled down on a comfortable bed of sand, and watched the approach of night transform the wild desert mountains into phantoms of unreality. I lay watching the constellations swing across the sky. Did I sleep that night - or was I caught up for a moment into the ceaseless rhythm of space?
Eric Shipton, Blank On The Map page 223

The are few treasures of more lasting worth than the experiences of a way of life that is in itself wholly satisfying. Such, after all, are the only possessions of which no fate, no cosmic catastrophe can deprive us; nothing can alter the fact if for one moment in eternity we have really lived.
Eric Shipton, Upon That Mountain page 454

I knew then that our earth is really one big animal with me hanging on as a mere microcosmic flea. I could see it, I could almost feel it…I wanted to shout it…but I was alone…so I gave myself to this new vision of the organism who lived and breathed and even tolerated us clambering on its back…I had found a happiness beyond all time and ambition and breathing.
Jonathan Waterman, In The Shadow of Denali page 42