Hi Bulldog. Yes, we are neighbors. I live off exit 277/hwy 92. Training for me consists of trail running on the trails along the Hooch behind Ray's on the River, cycling, and some strength training at the gym. I'll also load my pack up with about 40 lbs. of bird seed and do Kennesaw from time to time. I hit the big 50 last Sept., so recovery time is as important as workout time to me. I will never do back to back leg days for instance. My trips to the Sierra are usually in Sept., so I'll slowly get into training mode in March. I'm not fanatical about it. Just try to do what I can, when I can with a certain intensity, trying to peak 3 weeks before the trip. I cut back a little for 2 weeks, and then don't do anything 5 to 7 days before the trip. It works for me, I always start the hike feeling fresh. If you like, lets try and get together for some hiking/training. My regular hiking buddy just got married so he's on lockdown for about a year. Give me a call or email 404-641-2822 catpappyman@yahoo.com ----Thanks John