Originally Posted By: Fishmonger
it doesn't play for me (Chrome and IE 10). Probably still requires you to be logged into FB, or something else is busted.

Not a huge deal. Most videos about the fire show smoke from far away and a few planes dumping retardant. Nothing that really tells you much about the magnitude of what is happening.

Some maps I have seen show that the south shore of Hetch Hetchy is all burned up - is that really the case?

S. Shore burned: Haven't seen the maps, maybe I can look. But it is completely conceivable. The fire was getting close a few days ago. This is THE record fire for California.

Regarding the video: YES it IS a big deal. I tried viewing it on a different computer here, and sure enough, it won't display. I'll be letting Yosemite FB people know.

...Edit: On that other computer, once I downloaded and installed Adobe Flashplayer v11 and updated Firefox, it did display on the facebook link (above). But it seems to still not play in the embedded window in my post on the previous page.

Posted on Facebook: (then revised)
Quote:
Edit: It does now display, after updating Firefox to v 12, and Adobe flashplayer v 11. Sorry about the false alarm.

Old text: This video will not play on a computer that has not logged into Facebook...

Last edited by Steve C; 08/31/13 04:40 PM.