OK: who thinks Mike deserves a serious reply now?

Ahem.

The bears are more adept than ever at snatching packs out from under you.

The permit dance seems to be in continual, uh, evolution, but you probably won't have a problem with that even for a walk-up, but check up on the most recent info.

I think the Taco Truck in LP is new, and well worth checking out. Open lunch till 11, 2 blocks north of the light. Muy bueno.

ESTA schedule now matches up with YARTS at Mammoth and Lee Vining.

It has come to light that the Wagbag deal is an unenforceable policy, not a rule, but many, including the USFS, who are the ones that count, believe a good idea anyway (littering is still a serious violation), conditions at trail Camp are said to have deteriorated, but it was pretty good when I was there a couple of weeks ago, and water levels are way down for the second year in a row. Water in all the usual places, for the most part, just less of it, except maybe at the OC spring.

Inyo approves Ursacks.

New signs at the JMT junction, with arrows pointing the right way.

One thing that did not change is that Doug and family and crew are still at the store. Actually that does change. Gets better every year. No Mooseburger, but I had an absolutely fabulous reasonable facsimile in the bacon cheeseburger.

And the Hostel is better than ever, my new favorite place to stay in the whole 395 corridor.

Oh, and there are about 27 new switchers and 11 miles of trail between North Fork LPC and the LPC log crossing that I didn't remember (sorry, I just can't help it).

Last edited by saltydog; 09/09/13 07:11 AM.

Wherever you go, there you are.
SPOTMe!