Originally Posted By: Bob R

Actually, I am. Other than this climb, I've only hiked to the summit a couple of times from the tram. Plus a few SARs over the years, but for those you have to go where they send you.

I'm recovering from aortic valve replacement, and have been working on getting my strength back. I've exhausted the closer mountains, and am always looking for new territory. So far I have managed up to 3000' elevation gain in a day before collapsing.

Maybe we can work out something. With a couple of weeks notice I am free 'most any time .

Bob,
I'm recovering myself for the second time. Got ran off the road in my bike the first time a little over half a year ago. I was recovering quite well then two weeks ago someone opened their car door right as I buzzed by in my bike.

The easiest of the ridges starts at about 250 ft near the visitor's center so the gains are over 9,000 ft just to the tram and over 11,000 ft to the summit. There is no water sources along the way. There is a shortcut at the lower tram station though but would still involve about 9,000 ft to the summit.

The fall season would be best for you to try these other routes. With the exception of this Saturday, temps are in the 90s and will get into the 100s soon. Gives you (and me) time to recover and the weather to cool. Send me a private message if you're interested anytime from the fall season on. I'm available most Saturdays with some notice. I'll even hump the water up the mountain for you.

Your videos with Steve on the Mountaineer's Route helped me greatly when I was starting out. Thought I could return the favor.

Last edited by 2600fromatari; 04/24/14 07:59 PM.