Originally Posted By: quillansculpture
Can I get some advice on what would be the most efficient power packs, way to power, charge your electronics (iPhone, Garmin)on a multi day hike? Solar panels, storage, etc.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Quill,

I use an AnkerĀ® 2nd Gen Astro 6000mAh battery. It is good for several charges of an iPhone/Camera/what ever can be charged via USB (my camera accepts usb for charging). These can often be found discounted to ~ $30.00 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EF1OGOG/?_en...p;tag=astroa-20)

They also offer larger (more powerful) models priced accordingly. For me, the 6000mAh is plenty, and is really just a "back up" in case of unexpected events. I am never out for more than one long day so really have not needed it yet. Depending on how long you are out you may want to consider larger models, or solar panels in conjunction with a battery. Goal Zero offers several panels of different capacities. The Nomad 7 sells for $79.00 but weights nearly one pound, while the weight of the ANKER Astro 6000 mAh is less than 5 oz. You could carry multiple batteries for the same weight as the panel, but of course if you have sun light the panel will ultimately produce more power.

I guess the real question is how long you will stay out, and how much power will you need.

Hope this helps.

John