We have hotel reservations in Mammoth Friday night and were planning Mt. Dana early morning, then possibly Saddlebag Lake late morning/early afternoon.

I took a look at the forecast a few minutes ago and I'm disappointed.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=37.899901553&lon=-119.2210926#.U8RkL_ldW1f

Rain is one thing, but I'm not messing around with lightning. crazy

Any alternative hikes where the weather might be better? I've been planning this trip for over a month and it's tough for me to get away for overnight trips with a young kid at home. I don't want to cancel the trip.

The first options that came to mind were Lone Pine Peak and White Mtn Peak, but it looks like they're even predicting rain on White Mtn. I'm not sure if others in the group are ready to take on Mt. Langley (I'd love to if I were going with different people).

The reasons why I chose Mt. Dana in the first place is that a minimal amount of planning is involved and it'd be my 2nd highest peak. A couple of options I've found doing a quick search are Mt. Gould and Cloudripper. I previously haven't heard anything about these mountains.

Some questions:

1. Any other hikes I should look at? I prefer something that will get us above 12,900 and no harder than class 2.
2. Anyone have experience on Cloudripper? Difficulty?
3. Any experience on Mt. Gould? Difficulty?