Hi SB!
1. Yes, the ranger also gave me a wag bag at the lodge pole RS when I picked up the permit for use on the east side of Whitney. I told him that they are available at Crabtree RS and I dont intend to carry it all the way. He said I can throw it in garbage a few feet away which I did. You can call the RS / fill up the permit form the exact way you want to do your yoyo and they have around 10 permits to reserve ahead and some more for walk ins per day.
2. For me the first day: It was hot and dry (only one stream between Crescent meadows and Meherten) + I was carrying full pack + I was not acclimated fully.
3. On the third day between the petrol cabin jn and the sky parlor meadow (which is quite pretty), there are only two flowing streams separated by around a mile. I actually ran out of water after the first stream crossing and while going up on switch backs, I almost thought of going down for water but decided that I can wing it on lemon drops and life savers. There is another long 2+ mile dry stretch between Jn Meadow and the Wright ck crossing before you reach JMT. This stretch is hot and uphill.
4. The prettiest sections are: Looking down to Hamilton lakes from switch backs, Precipice lake, the Moraine lake, coming down to Kern Canyon and going up Kern Canyon. I dont call the hot springs pretty but very refreshing smile

If you are planning yoyo, there are lots of better alternate loop hikes which you may want to consider, ex:
1. on the way back, at Jn Meadow take Colby pass trail, go up Colby and definitely spend one night at the Colby lake, then thru Roaring river Jn. take Elizabeth pass and then reconnect with HST near Bearpaw.
2. After reaching Whitney Portal, get a ride to Onion V, Over Kearsarge pass go thru Vidette meadow and take the Bubbs ck trail (going west) and end up on the Highway 180 roads end. There are pretty lakes, on one day side trips, east lake, Lake reflection etc.

Like this, there are lots of possibilities. I did the Colby pass trail and highly recommend it. Its part of the solitude loop and for days you may not meet anyone! Would be interested in your choice!