Dear Steve C,

Hello My name is Jason Johnson..Dawson was my father. I came across this forum googling articles and trying to find out information about what happened. He and I grew apart over the years and this is the first picture I have seen of him in some time. I wanted to thank you for posting it. It means a great deal, it is something I am going to print out and hold on to dearly. I cant thank you enough.

I called the Investigator at Sequoia and he was helpful enough, but I guess I just didn't know enough about Whitney to ask the right questions. He was trying to tell me the spot where he fell off, but I just couldn't follow him. He said it was close to the summit hut. When I google pictures of the hut, I see a huge area of strewn rocks. Is there a dropoff nearby. Could altitude sickness force you to walk off the edge. Im very confused. If you could shed some light on where you think this area is that he fell, and any other information, I would greatly appreciate it. What are some of the reasons others have died. I asked the Investigator if anyone has every fell of this area before and he said never.

P.S. Like I said, we had grown apart over the last 10 years. If anyone has unsettled business with a family member, I beg you to make amends immediately.

Last edited by JJ5000; 08/01/14 06:49 PM.