Gary: The horses are doing great. Roonie still spends most of his time annoying Hubble and making mischief. He is a total goofball! The streak of summits is more a reflection of persistence and determination than ability. It's only 40 minutes to the trailhead for Relay, Houghton, Rose, and Church, so I can go often, pick my conditions, and usually get home in time to ride. When I do harder stuff like Whitney in January or Thunder, I plan very carefully before I go. I waited several years for the right conditions for the MR in January, and I postponed my Thunder Mountain trip three times because of weather. If you can get away from Marriot this summer, we'll have to climb something together.

SierraNevada: Yes, I did barely beat the snow. I'm probably going back up there on Friday. I'll bring ski poles, gaiters, and Micro Spikes (which I'm pretty sure I won't need), and I may settle for two summits instead of four. Gotta take what the defense gives you.

Edit: I did the fourfer again on Friday. There was just enough snow to be a real nuisance. I didn’t need gaiters or spikes, but ski poles (which I didn’t take) would have been handy on the icy sections.

Last edited by bobpickering; 11/07/14 08:46 PM.