Q9: Summit hut would sleep 4. I made a mental note of that last summer.

There are multiple tent site pads N and W of the hut. There is a single/double sleeping bag protected "pit" N of the hut, too.

There are seldom any people sleeping on the summit. Most just don't consider doing it.

Q10. I measure out granola in ziplocs for each breakfast, complete with powdered milk plus coffemate creamer and extra brown sugar (Just add water and warm a little on my UL stove.) Lunch: sardines in oil or tortilla with PB&jelly or some other quick meal. Dinner: Mountain House, ~1.5 serving size, repackaged into a ziplock. Heated with water in my 600 ml cup.

Then I add granola bars, trail mix(nuts/raisins/etc), candy, etc; lemonade or kool aid mix for drinks (always with sugar), and those electrolyte tablets to spark up the drinks. I vary the trail mix, candy and granola bars until I have about 2 lbs per day total. I never have the time to figure out the calories, but I try to pick the highest calorie per gram foods I can find.

Q11: Where is 9-mile creek??

Day 3 is long, but if you can do it, then you're ok. Just start early and stay at it. I think you will make it. If you don't, just stop wherever.

Day 4: No problem. Did that last year, but did the Whitney Creek climb, with time to fish and loaf. I really think you should try that. Might be another hot (at least tepid) spring, if you can find it.

Day 5: Been there done that. It was not bad at all. We ate a big meal by Guitar and loafed and swam, killing time until our 3 pm start for the summit.

If you cut out Wallace Cr, and do the hidden Packer Camp on Whitney Creek, it's a little easier. The HST up to Wallace is just a grind, and you are rewarded by camping with dozens of JMT hikers.

Will you be taking a gps unit along?