Thanks for all the help gang. My hike was successful yesterday.

As reported by many, my appetite diminished greatly on the trail. I had planed for 8 snack stops and a small meal at the top and almost none of that happened. What did happen was the pop tart that I had started munching on at the start, to compliment the two Muscle Milks I chugged at 1:45am, was almost inedible. My mouth got dry and I could not drink enough from my hydration pack to wash it down. Keeping with my plan I opened the rice rolls and dried fruit at Lone Pine Lake junction and had similar problems. I think regular dried fruit and not the freeze dried would have been better. By SB 23 I ate the last of the dried food I could and abandoned any more planned stops. 4 of the 8 rice rolls and 6 of the dried fruit came back to camp. I switched over to the GUs. I consumed a total of 6 at various points along the remainder of the day. I also managed to eat 2 of the 3 cliff bars. I ate one Cliff Bar at the top. My mouth stayed pretty dry the entire trip and the sourness of GU really got my saliva going and saved the day. Total I ate less than half of what I brought. FYI I drank 6 liters of water on the trail.

Mike