Here's my list for Mt Whitney (9 days and counting). I welcome any comments, but the full pack with almost the same items was about 32 pounds during my last Yosemite trip and don't think I need to skimp any more.

First, stuff I'll leave at Trail Camp:

1 person tent and footprint (doesn't add much to weight.. 4 oz)
Lightweight sleeping bag (although depending on the weather, I'm tempted to bring this to the summit and spend the next night at the summit... a decision I'll make based on how I feel and the weather on the morning of my Summit attempt)
Day one hiking socks
Air mattress
Steripen
Non-summit food & trash in Bear-proof food canister
Cooking Stove & canister
Cooking cup
large battery to recharge iPhone and camera batteries
Any USED waste bags (no reason to bring my dodo up to the summit, so I'll have at least one extra waste bag in addition to the one they give you)

Then what I'll be wearing/carry to the summit:
wear: hiking underwear
wear: Hiking long/short shirts
wear: hiking boots with gaiters
wear: Hiking Socks
wear: Fleece pants
wear: Down jacket
Backpack (Osprey Exos 58 which isn't that much heavier than my normal day pack (2.75 vs 1.5), so don't see a reason to carry a second pack up from the Portal)
Wipes and UNUSED waste bag
First Aid/Survival kit
Pulse/oximeter (since I already have it, figured I see how low my O2 level gets)
Electrolyte Pills
3 liters of water
2 Gatorade bottles (full at Portal, but from mix + trail water from Trial Camp)
Rain jacket
Rain pants
Long convertible pants & Hiking warm shirt (may leave these behind if I think the fleece+rain pants will be enough)
hand/foot warmers
headlamp, Second flashlight, and spare batteries
Hiking Food
Small towel
iPhone (for gps)
camera (of course)
camera batteries
Gloves
warm hat

Question for the people who've done Whitney before:
I noticed on my last Yosemite trip that my nicely broken in hiking boots that I use for big trips (waterproof, very sturdy) were showing a little more wear on the soles that I'd normally prefer.
They did fine up and down Clouds Rest and Half Dome, so would they be good for Whitney?
My option is a new pair that I've only been able to do one Mt Diablo hike to break them in (13 miles, 3200 feet climbed/descended).

Last edited by WanderingJim; 07/23/15 10:17 PM.