I made it to the summit by 11:15, it was partly cloudy. I left around noon, got back to the talus by 2:15 (it took me as long to descend as it took me to ascend). It started sprinkling around 1 pm off an on for 1.5 hours.

The deluge began around 2:45, and quickly ratcheted up to stinging hail (so much so, that i kept my helmet on under my rain shell). I exited the moraines right before the hail, so I kept moving, cross country over benches and talus. There was a 30 minute break, around 4:30 when I got back to Finger Lake. Once I reached Brainerd Lake around 5:15 the water works, hail and lightning kicked on again.

I got back to the small tarn above Willow Lake at 5:45, found my camp in a downpour, threw everything (soaked) into my pack and left at 6PM. The rain continued until 7PM and then stopped for the most part. The trail was essentially a creek at this point and I just focused on hoofing it out to the trail head. I reached the road at 8 PM and covered the last mile to the overnight parking lot by 8:20 PM.

Being soaked ain't so bad if you can make it out on the day...

Last edited by Snacking Bear; 08/03/15 10:31 AM. Reason: I spel bahd...

@jjoshuagregory (Instagram) for mainly landscape and mountain pics