Originally Posted By: quillansculpture
p.s. I think I was told your kid does have cooties! Take care of him, love him and they go away naturally.

LOL... not all rumors are true.. but you're right, he probably does have them! But what about the teenage girl... do her issues clear up in time too? wink

In reply to the numerous "he seems rather mature for a 13 year old".. I will agree with that. I read the article last year in Backpacker (I think.. or maybe Outdoor)... and he came across as a very articulate child who has a goal.

It also appeared to me as though he had a very driven father (despite the "It's not us it's him pushing this" comments from his father). I can understand a kid having a goal... and it should be applauded and encouraged. However... I know many adults who don't understand the significance of undertaking so extreme, let alone a child understanding it. And even if he did, by the time he got around to Everest (with 5 or 6 other summits under his belt)understand for the most part... how much pushing and goading did the father have to do before hand to get him to that point. I know many "sports" parents (applies to Scouts too)... I've heard it all before... how much of it did Jordan hear?