Originally Posted By: llpj1977
I'm entering on the 28th and camping at Trail Camp. I'll be getting up early for a summit attempt on the 29th. I think our timing will be a little off. Maybe we can coordinate to pass each other when I'm on my way down. I can give you guys an update of what to expect on the trail up ahead and how much you guys will need your crampons and ice axes. There is a chance I may cancel my trip all together but if so I can let you guys know.

You won't be totally alone, trust me. I summited on the 17th, solo, on a day permit, and met great people on the trail. I even tagged along with some of them for portions of the trail going up and down until we had to part ways. Some even gave me words of encouragement when I was struggling during the last two miles form Trail Crest and Summit.

I used GAIA GPS on my phone on airplane mode, but didn't use it as much as the trail was pretty straight forward. The trail got a bit lost at Mirror Lake when you're ascending the rocks but once you're over it, there's a foot path in the snow that leads you right to Trail Camp, unless things have changed since last week.

Last edited by WhitneyHiker085; 06/23/17 06:56 AM.