Originally Posted By: Steve C
amit: Outpost Camp is better in all respects but one: you are farther from the summit.

However, it has many advantages: In the trees, not as cold, lower elevation allows may mean less altitude sickness. If you just get up earlier it is certainly possible to make the summit. Leaving Outpost at 6 AM should put you at Trail Camp at 8 AM, and Trail Crest at 10 or 11.

And finally, you don't have to carry your gear so high on the mountain.

Amit,

Given current conditions, I would say Outpost is better. Like Steve said, it's not as cold, better protection from the elements (trail camp is very exposed), and plenty of water sources. Plus it's a shorter walk back to the parking lot.

Personally I have stayed at both camps on different trips. Here are the Pro's And Cons of Trail Camp:

Pros:
Closer to the summit (shorter summit day). Can give you a better chance of success.

Cons:
Cold, windy, high altitude (you probably won't get any sleep and may not have much of an appetite)
Very tiring to carry your gear all the way here.
Still a long walk back to the parking lot.

Side note: On one trip I hiked up to trail camp, got there around 3pm. Had a pounding headache. I tried to sleep but it didn't work. So I got up at 3am and got to the summit at 630am. I was the first one up there. It was magical. I rushed on down and was home by 4pm later that day.

Bottom line, I would recommend staying at outpost, get some rest, eat a nice meal, drink plenty of water, and stay warm. Then leave early enough to be at the bottom of the chute by 5/6 am. It gets increasingly harder to climb once the sun gets hotter and melts the snow. You want to give yourself extra time to get up the chute.
Just make sure you are comfortable with finding the trail in the dark. With all the snow melting right now, the trail can be hard to find at some parts. But a good GPS (GAIA is very popular) will go a long way.