Originally Posted By: bobpickering
Originally Posted By: DUG
Technically speaking, if the toilets were replaced and I needed to crap when going up via the Mountaineers Route, how would I handle that?

As a general rule, when you are in the wilderness and need to crap, you dig a six-inch hole, crap in the hole, cover it up, and pack out your toilet paper. In some overused areas, such as Whitney and Shasta, you are required to use a WAG bag and carry everything out. If there is a toilet nearby, feel free to use it instead of the hole or the WAG bag.

I hope this answers your question about the Mountaineers’ Route.

Glad to see you've toned down the snarkiness to a manageable level. Since a hole is impossible to dig in many parts of the Mountaineers Route (and the main trail), WAG BAGs seem like they are not only here to stay, but are the best option. Now, if we could just find a way to get lazy shits to bring them back down the mountain. We seem to have come full circle once again on this debate. I hope you are able to find something new to shoot down for sport on online forums. Have a great Navy day!....................................DUG