So my plan was to spend Friday night on the Summit of Whitney.

I spent Thursday night at the portal. I left the portal around 4am Friday morning no hurry to get up there. I took my time going up the Chute to Trail Crest heavy pack with extra warm clothes and gear, 10 steps at a time then taking a break. Now I new there was a low pressure coming in Saturday but I heard that it could come in Friday night. So 1.4 miles to the summit I saw some clouds coming in its the afternoon now and If I went to touch the summit the Chute will be getting ice over at that time. If I stayed at the summit I would be worried about the weather, so I went back down to Trail Camp and spent the night. Nice weekend just being there.

And on the way back down to the Portal Saturday East of Outpost camp along the rock wall the stream is overflowing the trail and its icy in the morning and at night well 3/4 the way across I step on a rock that I thought was a non ice issue was covered in ice it dumped me in the stream up to my chest laying sideways, I jumped out and said to myself at least its getting warmer the farther I go down hill. I did have a extra pair of waterproof shell pants in my pack If I thought I would need to change but by the time I got to the portal I was 95% dry.

Just another Bitchen time at Whitney

pictures here Whitney 5-11-18