Can you delay your trip by a week? Another thing to consider is going up too soon after (significant) snowfall.

I did a guided trip with a very established outfit. The lead guide had failed the week before because they ran out of time wading in waist deep soft snow in the gulley.

OTOH, just out of sheer luck, a week later we had perfect conditions. Just enough thaw/freeze + soft top sufficient for the same lead to declare MR+.

The final 400 had nearly 100% coverage. We were roped up of course, but I still remember the petrified look an independent hiker had. He was with a partner, and they had ropes, but not the necessary gear/skills. (For example, rope sort of wrapped around an exposed rock instead of proper belay gear.)

He mumbled something by me saying they hadn't expected that much snow. I guess they got down ok since there wasn't anything in the news. OTOH, this happened last year (on the MMWT):

http://www.whitneyzone.com/wz/ubbthreads.php/topics/53120/Re:_Hiker_fell_on_Whitney#Post53120