Congrats. I was thinking of doing Shasta over Memorial Day weekend, but Mother Nature screwed me over. smile

It's now more likely during the week of July 4th since my Yosemite trip that week is up in the air until I get trail reports the week before and know if Tioga Road will be open or not.

Current options:
1) Tuolumne Meadows through Grand Canyon of TR to Hetch Hetchy (or looping back around to TM via Rodger Canyon) (this is looking like a long shot right now)
2) Old Oak Flat Road along North Rim to exit either Snow Creek or all the way around to Happy Isles TH. (the later is a long shot with conditions this year)
3) Old Oak Flat Road along North Rim to exit Snow Creek, then book it up to Shasta for 3-4 days there.
4) Just do Shasta summit from Bunny flat.

#3 would help acclimatization, but is a long drive between Yosemite and Shasta (but I have 9 days to do what I want that week). I might not even have to switch from summer gear to winter gear the way the snow is still sticking around. smile

#4 Would be the simplest, but if anyone has suggestions for other hikes to do around that area, I'm all ears.
I was thinking I could add a side trip to Shastina on the way up since I won't be pressed for time if I just do Shasta. smile

Last edited by WanderingJim; 06/07/19 01:27 PM.