Yes it was my first 14er (and my first hiking over 10k feet at all) - thanks!

Right, about 12 hours at Lone Pine (which is maybe 4k feet?) was the closest we got a acclimatization, lol. Not exactly ideal.

I did experience a mild headache starting around the chute from AMS, but it wasn't too bad most of the way. There were a few times on Trail Crest where the headache got closer to moderate strength and I had to focus just a little bit harder to make sure I was thinking straight. At those points I got pretty close to turning around just to be on the safe side, but after a few five minute rests it just went back to a very mild headache and we continued on. The rest of the party also experienced more or less the same (we're all lowlanders who live close to sea level.) We were taking Ibuprofen every 4 hours or so since the morning to help combat that, as we read that helps.

I'm no expert, but I don't think that made me puke up my food, as the headache completely dissipated by the time we made it back to the bottom of the chute, and when we ate it wasn't until nearly a couple hours hike from the bottom of the chute, so I was probably below altitude for that to have an impact. Also I don't think I mentioned the beef ravioli was from an MRE left over from Hurricane Katrina (I'm originally from Louisiana), so it's like 14-year-old beef ravioli. That being said I was eating some of those MRE's at Big Bend last fall and they were just fine.