Was going to write up a trip report for our day hike on July 17, but our conditions were virtually identical to Aaron B's from the 15th; snow in the same spots, a bit of scrambling here and there lower part of the switchbacks and near the summit all due to snow still persisting. Lots of water flow later on in the hike, but easily hiked right through it (waterproof liners in boots). Did not need crampons or ice axe, but used microspikes here and there.

Did two hikes up to Lone Pine Lake on Monday and Tuesday to acclimate prior to starting day hike at 2 am Wednesday, but my hiking partner mentioned headache and increasing nausea just before the cables; gave him two 125 mg Diamox about 45 minutes apart and we would have turned around if that didn't help, but he significantly improved and we took off again, albeit more slowly, taking lots of breaks the rest of the way up and down. We were averaging about an hour a mile on the way up until then, but ultimately didn't reach the summit until around 4 pm (yikes). Easily made the revised goal to descend to Trail Camp before sunset and hiked the rest of the way back to the portal via headlamp.

I wore the same clothes for nearly the entire hike, just switched out cap with a bill for a fleece hat to wear with the headlamp; long-sleeved poly shirt and convertible pants (which I actually never converted...). I had gloves, puffy coat, goretex shell, didn't need any of it. Never re-applied bug spray after we started and had no bug issues at all, maybe they just don't like me?

Anyway, had a great time even poking along as slowly as we went; met Doug Sr and his wife on Tuesday and we talked for a bit, he graciously signed a copy of the new version of his book for me and my hiking buddy and could not have been any nicer.