BFR, Bob Rockwell showed me the Elephant Ear (northside) route up to the Ebersbacher Ledges.
That would cut a little off your ascent.   Pictures 3 through 11 here.   Videos here.
With my daughter: Rockwell Shortcut I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a challenge. It was fun!

Descending, below Outpost Camp, above Lone Pine Lake, there is a direct route that nearly follows the stream, missing the switchback-y section above LP Lk.

For those with really strong knees and quads, you can drop off the main trail a little below Lone Pine Lake, and descend straight down the slope. Did that once several years ago. It rejoins the trail where a really large rock sits by one of the switchbacks in the brushy (few trees) area. Rockwell called it the "Bush-Rock" location.

Bob Rockwell also would take off the Main Trail below that ...not sure of the route, but it descended directly down, (veering toward Lone Pine Cr), missing the Old Trail, and half a dozen switchbacks above that. He never published a track of that route.