Hello there, and thanks for posting your trip details. I've been scouring the hiking sites for information on doing a one day hike from the trailhead parking lot to the summit of mt. Langley, around September 11. It is my wife and myself, she will be carrying a small pack, with a 2 liter platypus for water, and I'll carry a normal size day pack with clothes, emergency items, headlamps, water filter, and food. Trying to pack as lightly as reasonable. Is bear spray recommended for this trail since it starts at 10,000 feet? How much water do you think should be consumed, and any strategy for making water vs. carrying say 2 liters each, and then refilling as needed from the lakes? Any water crossings? I see from the map that the trail may cross a creek 4 times. Are water shoes needed? Trying to convince my wife of the benefit of hiking with 2 poles, which is what helps me spread the weight off of my legs. Any thoughts? She has a strong preference to not hike at night, hence the carrying of 2 headlamps just in case, as well as starting off early, say at 5:30 a.m. Trying to gauge the weather but am thinking the temps could be as low as 40 at the trailhead in the morning to 75 there upon returning early evening to roughly freezing at the summit? We will have been at higher altitude, but not camping at high altitude for the previous 3 days. Altitude sickness is a crapshoot, I tend to not get it, but have never summited a 14er, or strenuously hiked above 12000 feet. any thoughts on avoiding AMS relative to this hike? We have some ideas on prevention. That's about it. I sure hope to hear back from you, and really appreciate any of your help. Cheers,