Hello everyone,

Need a bit of advice. Planning an overnight at trail camp via the main Whitney Trail on 9/9 and 9/10. Been watching the recent weather forecasts and it looks like it calls for chance of rain then snow and maybe even heavy snow on Monday. Is this still doable for the fair weathered hiker? Can deal with the cold but for those with more experience reading forecasts and with the mountain, does this look like a possible bad storm coming in? I summitted MW back in July 2011 on an overnight but had perfect weather. I’ve never really done any serious hiking with snow, a lot of rain, or freezing temps at elevation. I also have about an 8hr drive to get there and don’t really want to end up in a mess up there but want to make this work if possible. So I was wondering what everyone’s opinion is looking at the upcoming forecast? Thank you.


Edited by Jrod8 (09/01/19 03:02 PM)