Hello,

New here, first post...No winter experience, but I do have summer experience on Mt.Whitney (over 1000 miles of running between Badwater and Mt.Whitney Summit, including Badwater Double).

Does anyone have any recent pictures (within the last week)of Mirror Lake, Consultation Lake, or water at Trail Camp?

Its been a dream of mine for years to do a few jumps and spins under Mt.Whitney and the temps look about right for one or more of these lakes to safely freeze over for ice skating. I was thinking of getting a dog sitter so that I can make a trip out this Saturday or Sunday. I know most people hiking out there aren't measuring the ice, but a few pictures would tell me a lot about the current conditions and if its worth me driving 6+ hours just to go out there and measure the ice.

The window of time for this activity is extremely short and I am looking for 3+ inches of smooth ice without any snow ruining the surface. Just 1 snow flurry will make the ice rough, ruining the ice for the rest of the year.

Thanks in advance for any info at all!!