I received this email at 9:00AM this morning:
We hope the anticipation is building as you prepare for your trip to Mt. Whitney on Jun 23 2020, and thought we’d reach out with a friendly reminder and some tips for your upcoming reservation.

As you’re going through final preparations, please take a moment to ensure you pack a few must have items — your reservation confirmation and any permits, passes, or tickets for your trip. Keep in mind, most permit locations require you to print your permit and bring the paper copy with you. It is important that you have all necessary entry documents and the details from your reservation confirmation at the ready when you arrive.

If you haven’t done so already, we also encourage you to review the need to know information and change or cancellation policies in your reservation confirmation email and on the Mt. Whitney page on Recreation.gov. This will provide you with helpful tips and details to get the most out of your experience.

You can also review this reservation or any other reservations that you’ve made by visiting the "My Reservations" page on Recreation.gov.

Enjoy your upcoming trip, and we hope you bring home an amazing story!

And then my permit was canceled a couple of hours later :-(