Originally Posted by climby_climber
Alright then, that sounds good. Have you done the final 400 by any chance? Do you know how that usually is in June with the snow and whatnot?

I have done the Mountaineer's route, but it was in Sept., 2012 - a very dry year, so there was little (or no) snow. So, my experience is very limited, and is not worth so much for your particular endeavor. Of course I have no clue as to what the weather will be 9 months from now, but my SWAG (simple wild ass guess) is that you will have a good bit of snow and ice to contend with. I say that based on having read trip reports over the course of the last 9 or 10 years. I would recommend using the "advanced search engine", and search trip reports for Mountaineer's route, and then reading those written in June. I do think you will find that most of the time there is substantial snow and ice. If it were me, I would make that assumption, and plan accordingly, and only begin to finalize my planning next April or May. If you are not sure of your skills dealing with those conditions you have time to take some course(s) on winter climbing, or you could even sign up for a guided hike next Spring. See: https://www.sierramountaineering.co...y-guide/winterspring-mountaineers-route/