Worked all day on that section on Wednesday. Climbed from Trail Camp to the summit and back on Wednesday.

The knee is doing great! Absolutely no issues at all--pretty much forget that it's not the original equipment. Unfortunately the ankle below is the problem now. I have to wear a super stiff brace, and have to baby it when descending. Broke it 50 years ago, and I think favoring it over the years may have caused the knee issues. Looking ahead to a possible replacement.

By the way, if I make the cables-shoveling trip an annual, would anyone like to join me next year? We could do that with better planning. When to go also depends on the winter's snowfall levels.

It's almost comical over on FB, a few haters are condemning the work as making it too easy for people. My entire reason is to clear the cables so people will stop using the chute where most of the spring-time injuries and SAR rescues occur. Just last week, two hikers asked a third (who they had helped with food/water) if she would show them how to glissade. She got them started, but forgot to tell them they needed an ice axe. One crashed & had to be flown out. It's these types of stories that I hope clearing the cables will help to prevent.