Good morning,
First, kudos to firefighters and the crew managing the Inyo Creek fire:
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7564/

I have the permit for June 30, and so far, the plan is to start the trail to the summit on Tuesday, June 29, around 11pm. Hopefully, the trail will get open by then, and in that case, I have few questions please:
(a) Lone Pine max temperatures are projected to be around 100 ( Tuesday and Wednesday ), and around 75 after 11pm. I would assume that at the start of the trailhead it would be a bit cooler than 75 around 11pm, as it is bit higher than Lone Pine - is this reasonable assumption ? Also, I would think that going up, the temperature will decrease, and higher up, the wind will pick up thus lowering temp as well, correct ? What can I expect at the summit ( I am planning on arriving just before noon ) - quite windy ( 15-20 mph ? ) and temp in low 50-is ? I need to plan for just the right amount of clothes to carry.
(b) Assuming the fires would be extinguished by the weekend ( is this reasonable assumption anyway ? ), I would think there will be still some smoke lingering from the burnt-out area ? Current winds are S and SW , so the smoke would be away from the trail - any thoughts ?

Looking forward to your advice / opinion and discussion,

Best,
magarac