I will definitely post a trip report, though I'm contemplating changing my plans for the Whitney Zone.

A week after my Whitney entry date I have a permit to do the JMT section from Devil's Postpile to Sunset Lakes trailhead. That's another segment of the JMT I still haven't completed and I scored the permit back at the six month window. After considering the advice here and also thinking about that additional trip, I think I am going to change up and just spend a good 3 days or so on Whitney instead of going over Trail Crest with a full pack and on to Onion Valley via Forester Pass. As much as I've hiked the area over the last 10 years including multiple times over Trail Crest, I haven't actually been on the summit since 2013. So, I'm leaning toward a more relaxing visit, focus on getting back to the summit, and maximize my photography time in one of my favorite areas without lugging 35 lbs up over Trail Crest.

Hopefully, that will leave some gas in the tank for the hike from Red's Meadow to Yosemite. Will definitely report in when this trip is complete in early August.