I was worried about crowds on JMT/PCT and was trying to avoid them by going high country but I am just going to embrace it. After a year of deliberation and great input from this group, I decided to ease up the route substantially since it is a new range for me and I'll be going solo. Same goals but taking the 'easy' route. Shepherds pass down to JMT then exiting Whitney on the standard route. I really wanted to do Mountaineer route but looks like people advise rope on it. It'll be almost 20 miles more but I think it'll actually be easier on the legs and definitely on the ankles. I'm thinking 4 or 5 nights. Might camp 5ht night at outpost on the way out to just squeeze another night in instead of exiting.

So the question I have now is does anybody have campsite recommendations for this route? Looks like there's a ton and when I do the permit application process it asks for me to pick one each night. Do I have to stay at the campsite I pick even if I'm say way ahead of schedule or obviously if I am behind? Or is it just a rough schedule so they know the route I am taking? Sorry for the Sierra noob questions. Really thankful for this forum.

https://www.gaiagps.com/map/?loc=11...kId=eaaef0ac-fb42-4e65-aacc-bf8dd1e61f63