Kent, it was a pleasure corresponding with you before your trip, and I'm really happy you and Rob had such a successful, memorable climb. Obviously, the MR permit was meant to be for you guys! Crossing the country from the flattest of lands to summit the highest peak in the lower 48 by the MR, on short acclimation - dude, you both have a lot to be proud of!

Out of curiosity, did "Jim F" - who was obviously no stranger to the mountain and moved prettydamnquick - wear a blue cap with a particular reptile logo on it? You being an Auburn Tiger, I warned you in advance about certain Gators haunting the Sierra; this one sounds very familiar . . .

Congrats again on a great trip. You've now experienced the magic of the Eastern Sierra and I can promise you that you'll be back faster than you think. It gets in your blood, and soon your life becomes a 350-day bookend around those two weeks each year spent along 395. Give me a shout next biztrip to the ATL and we'll meet up for a brew - and discuss your woeful lack of photography on one of the best mountains around!