Originally Posted By: Steve C
> I saw the pics where you said Claire had passed out due to dehydration, I almost passed out last year from that also, it's a problem in the mountains for sure!

I missed that. Can you fill us in a little?

she has a history of fainting from pain - started years ago when I popped a blister on her hand and she just dropped to the floor like a rock.

it happened again on the way down to woods creek this summer, exhausted, heavy downhill before that, some small blisters on her feet starting to bother her, probably dehydrated. We were sitting down at the far end of a creek crossing and she said she was thirsty and getting dizzy, and within seconds her eyes turned up and she started to drop. I was able to catch her body before she hit the ground and knew what to do (legs up, loosen straps, etc, and she came right back to, but it was scary. We took a long break, she drank a lot, and we made it down to Woods creek fine, checking on her every minute, walking close to be able to help in dangerous places should it happen again.

then, at the very end of the hike, in the Whitney Portal Store, it happened again - long downhill, neglect to drink on the final run the finish, I guess same thing. two more reasons why we called off the yo-yo well before we got to Whitney Portal.