Originally Posted By: Rod
I posted an article in chat about a kid who got lost in New Hampshire and the SAR billed him $25,000. Is that where off-Whitney topics are to be posted or can that go in general discusion cuz it is a hiking topic? I want to get this right.
I think that one is a toss up, Rod. It is pretty far from Whitney, yet it could affect hikers close by too. So I think your call to put it in the chat forum is just fine. ....We can always move it over to general if it becomes a discussion worth keeping. Moving threads only requires a couple of clicks. ...in fact, I'm moving this one to the Association forum.

Originally Posted By: PhilI
Steve:
Not sure where to bring up this question regarding the board: Do we want discussion about other Eastern Sierra destinations besides the Whitney Zone?
My thoughts are that it would be appropriate because of the JMT and other trails that connect to it.
Or is this getting too broad? Could it be a separate forum "Other eastern Sierra areas"?

Just wanted to throw it out there for discussion.

- Phil
Phil, my feeling is that it is just fine for the General forum. In fact, thanks for the question. Based on your wondering, I added the word "all" to the forum description:  Mt. Whitney and all hiking Q&A topics