Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Webcam Cleaning
#18488 09/18/11 01:10 PM
wagga Offline OP
OP Offline
Steve C & I cleaned the class cover on on the webcam enclosure this weekend. Steve will post before and after pictures.

To clean, you need to get onto the roof. Coordinate with the Director to allow access during visiting hours. He can supply a 12-ft. ladder which you can use to get onto the canopy. From there it's about 4 feet over the parapet to access the roof. A 6.0 route.

The glass cover needs a spritz of Windex, then a gentle wipe. Be gentle, as we don't want to move the enclosure. Report the time, so we can check the difference.

Forthwith, the roster for the remainder of the year:
  • October - lynn-a-roo.
  • November - Wazzu.
  • December - AlanK.

Verum audaces non gerunt indusia alba. - Ipsi dixit MCMLXXII
Re: Webcam Cleaning
wagga #18490 09/18/11 02:13 PM
W
W
Hmmmm....if it's a 6.0 route, shouldn't this post be in the TR section?

I'm only going up on the roof if the wind is at least 50mph, with the need for ice ice & crampons.

And why does it have to be done during museum operating hours? I'm sure someone climbing up on the museum roof in the middle of the night, in dark clothes with a headlamp, wouldn't be suspicious.

And I'm not using Windex. Spitting on the glass cover should do just fine. It will help keep the glass from fogging up. (If it works on goggles, it should work on the webcam enclosure)

I'm sure Bulldog will be more than willing to volunteer for the month of Feb, if he is in the area hiking around Death Valley.

wazzu #18497 09/18/11 06:39 PM
S
S
We forgot to get a picture of wagga going over the wall. 6.0? I tell you, wagga always exaggerates.

Larger pictures are in the Picture Gallery:
   Before                               After

Before cleanup:

After cleanup:

Here's the setup:

Steve C #18563 09/20/11 05:15 PM
Steve and Wagga,

I love the photo of your shadows. I know exactly which shadow belongs to Steve and to Wagga. Great photo.

I saw my name on the roster above and I'm happy to say if you're serious about the Webcam being cleaned in October my friend Tammy (WHA Member), who Steve met on Saturday will be in Lone Pine in October on her way to June Lake. On our way home Sunday I mentioned to Tammy that she could possibly help out the WZ by cleaning the Webcam. Tammy is a very capable person at doing many things. I'll give Tammy a heads-up if you're serious.

Wagga, why didn't you accompany Steve to the Mt. Whitney Trail. It would have been nice to meet you in-person too. Hey, I read your instructions on cleaning the webcam glass and it sounds like the job takes no more than a few minutes...hmmm, just had a thought...I bet you couldn't join Steve because it had to do with having access to the museum and probably only having one car between the two of you....okay, you're forgiven. Thank you for bringing my attention to the Webcam Cleaning thread.

Lynnaroo

Link Copied to Clipboard