Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Drone flying in the Whitney Zone
jmester82 #49871 05/20/17 11:49 PM
Originally Posted By: jmester82
Sometimes I don't like it when a other people come to the same place and can be several hundred feet away from me or even across a lake but the sound of their voices or music carry over to me and "disturb" my solitude. So do we ban people from talking or bringing little portable speakers or a guitar from the wilderness?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure amplified speakers are banned from the wilderness. So people use earbuds, win win.

Perhaps some day drones will get so small and quiet they won't bother anyone, but we ain't there yet.

RenoFrank #50028 06/07/17 09:45 PM
O
O
Not only do you have noise pollution, but sight pollution as well.

https://petapixel.com/2017/05/02/photo-illegal-drone-national-park-shows-sheer-scale-lava-spout/

over1812 #50060 06/09/17 08:41 AM
B
B
As an avid landscape and nature photographer, I too have thought about the questioning of bringing my dji mavic pro with me on these backpacking trips, especially the thought of being at trail camp and filming some really cool shots of consultation Lake, needles, etc.

I realized that I'm carrying my full frame and 1-2 lenses which adds about 5-10lbs of gear with me but the real problem is that you can't forget why you are there. ENJOY THE OPPORTUNITY THAT NATURE HAS TO OFFER! When I went backpacking in zion and other parts of Utah a few weeks ago, I noticed guys around my age (25) taking their drone at the summit of angels landing and filming.

Look I understand it's super cool to film and you become the center of attention. I know you wanna post them on Instagram and other social media sights but please respect the FAA and US forest service with their regulations with drones. Not only are you disrupting the wilderness with "buzzing bee" like sounds coming off the blades but also the experiences of others.

I love my drone very much and use it extensively for my offshore fishing trips and other scenic videography projects but when it comes to national parks, just leave it home. There's no need to be the center of attention in the wilderness when in fact nature should be the center of attention.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard