I’m considering going for Williamson & Tyndall next Friday as a day-hike (May 20th). I comfortable with big mountain days so I’m not worried about the mileage or the vert, as long as it’s dry. I have the gear for snow if needed, but that is a major consideration for how fast I can move. I’m looking at the extremely low snowpack in the southern Sierra, as well as the Williamson webcam on this site. It looks like the NNE aspects visible from the webcam are still holding snow in places, mostly in the big slope NNE of the summit of Willy.
Extrapolating from this, is it safe to assume the North Rib of Tyndall will be holding snow as well? What about gaining Shepherds given its northern approach? Or the black stain gully up Williamson, is it inset enough that I should expect snow?