Unfortunately, there isn't much actual data out there to compare the forecast to. I once spoke to Sequoia N.P. people about installing a weather reporting station on the Whitney hut, but was shut down with the remark that "it would just be so much junk" at the hut. I have a feeling it was the same guy who spoke at a SEKI meeting in Visalia, and he hinted that carrying any communications equipment (Spot and InReach) wasn't truly a wilderness experience -- as if he wanted to ban their use. I am sure it was just his personal opinions.

So trying to compare the NOAA to actual data, you can click on the NOAA map to locate their green square in different places. I moved it to Cottonwood Lakes, just several miles south of Trail Camp. There is a weather station there, link at the bottom of our Whitney Weather page. So moving the green square so it reports 11050 elevation near Cottonwood Lakes, tomorrow's high shows 68F. Checking the CDEC CWD station, today's high shows 70.6F. It's at elevation 10150. Based on those temperatures and seeing that they are really close, I still trust NOAA the most.