I remember those winds, John. Barb and I were going be married in a couple of months, and she had only been in Atlanta less than a year. I recall her standing at the window while that blizzard raged just shaking her head and swearing she had not seen anything worse growing up in Minnesota. And this was mid-March, when Atlanta is normally popping with spring buds and 70-degree weather.

Less than three months later, the week of our wedding, temps were well over 100 and the heat index in excess of 130. First trip South for most of her family from Minnesota, and they thought they'd been transported directly to hell. Two years later her parents came for a vist, and their first night in town Hurricane Opal blew through and wreaked havoc everywhere. The next year, when Minnesota family worked up the courage to try again just prior to the '96 Olympics, we had a some massive summer storms with tornadoes touching down all over the place. That particular trip they enjoyed 3 different days with the local tornado sirens going off, scaring the crap outta them. Been a long time since my wife's family from Minnesota has come calling . . .

And the Hooters HQ was snowed out all week as well, so it was a ghost town. Just wasn't my week, man.