Ken -- you nailed the description to a T!! I forgot to mention how the pain continues down my leg and almost seems to spiral around at the end. Absolutely no pain during any other activities, however, I can feel this strange, almost "tired muscle" feeling very deep inside the glut. It is not quite pain, rather, just that "humming" that you get when a muscle is tired.

I have immediately cut out running and today I am switching to the rowing machine (Concept 2) After 3 days of no running, what I feel is like the glut on the right side needs to be stretched, so I am going back to my dance roots and will begin with a long stretch routine.

I should mention that I had completely fallen off of stretching & doing any abdominals, as I had gotten "lazy" and just wanted to shed the 20lbs (worked) by doing a whole lot of running. It seems that too much focus on one type of exercise may have over done it. I am not sorry to be switching to rowing (machine just arrived on Friday) because the stretching movement seems to relieve that "inner pressure" that I can feel.

I will be speaking with an ortho on Friday, so I will see what he suggests.

Thank you very much for the imput; these forums really are a well of very quick info.

B

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.