Originally Posted By: Sublatum
Has anyone been to these? I'd love to take a trip but not too sure what to expect, would love to hear of anyones experiences if they have.

It is a must do!!!!!!!!!

The BPs are something to behold.

Imagine standing next to a 3,000 year old BP, but try to stay on the trail so as to not disturb/disrupt the soil.

And whatever you do...don't forget to bring a camera. You will definitely get some great shots of the BPs.

If you are a photographer, I suggest taking the pics in BW so as to get the grain of the BPs.

You may never know that some of your pictures would be perfect for framing. And you can amaze your friends by telling them some story about that tree.

And if you are gearing up for Mecca West, it is a great acclimatization hike!

pssst...don't tell anyone, but I know where Methuselah is and I am not telling! I was lucky enough to be on the trail several years ago when a "certain individual" who was documenting the trees informed me. We walked off trail and there it was about 20 feet away from me. I was advised not to get any closer so as not to disturb the soil.

I made a promise never to tell anyone that I stood next to a 4,800+ year old tree. To this date I have kept that promise. Since that day, I have hiked the Methuselah Trail twice. When I get to the point on the trail, I stop look around to make sure no one can see me and venture off-trail a few yards to the tree. I could be in serious trouble if one of the rangers spot me, but to date I have been lucky. Both as in not getting caught and being able to see the oldest living thing on this third rock from the sun.

Here is a link, but the picture with the gentleman standing next to Methesulah, it is not that one, nor are the others shown.

Journey well...