I thought i'd make a post on the subject of trail maintenance, it had been something I had long wanted to do and in September I started looking for possibilities to do some so I searched the PCTA's project database and was able to get on a three trail crews, immediately I was surprised to learn that volunteers are hard to come by, with all the people in California and the large number of environmentalists the average volunteer age is still 67 years old!, I was even told of one project where they had no one under 80 and had another guy 91 years old! So if you have free time and can help out consider getting out there and do some trail work, it's a chance to meet great people and gives you a greater appreciation for the hard work that has gone into all our trails.

There are a number of groups that do trail work including SCA, if you have done work or continue to do so with other organizations post them so people can have a wide selection of possibilities.

There is a project scheduled for January 8-17 on Section A of the PCT near the Mexico boarder if anyone is interested, you can contact Pete Fish for details pickaxepete@sbcglobal.net.