Well it is desert but a different quality of it, we worked up around 6000 feet in the Lagunas, i'm not sure exactly how much rain they get but the trail where we installed so many water bars was in bad shape from erosion, George was saying they don't get allot but when they do it rains hard.

Many sections of the trail have suffered to where the trail is several feet below the outside walls, this makes it so you cannot get the water off the trail, at some point the Forest Services solution is to just reroute the trail, the only way to slow it down is to install check dams, their purpose is to slow the force of the water down as it rolls off the dam instead of flying down the hill like a water slide, and I used to think those were a nice step for you. crazy

Those water bars though will be put to the test this week as they are expecting around 7 inches of rain down there!

In 3 days 4 of us working separate from the group installed about 40 water bars and check dams, I have so many images of them posted so they can be sent to the Forest Service for show of completed work.

Last edited by RoguePhotonic; 01/19/10 12:09 PM.